CKXU Presents: FUNdrive 2017 "MORE THAN RADIO"
The theme of this year's FUNdrive is "More Than Radio," chosen to reflect CKXU's diverse involvement in the Lethbridge and Southern Alberta community.
CKXU's mission is to showcase and promote cultural diversity in Southern Alberta. The team at CKXU creates and fosters an inclusive arts community that is accessible to everyone!
CKXU's goal for this year's FUNdrive is to raise $30,000. All money raised will be used to improve the station's website, develop a cutting-edge digital music cataloging system, replace equipment in both broadcasting booths, and fund special programming and community development projects.
You are invited to FUNdrive Events around town:
SUNDAY, MARCH 19
- Cupcake baking/eating extravaganza!
- Prizes for the best cupcakes in many different categories
- Live-on-location broadcast between 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Cupcakes are available by "donation" (min $2 each)
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm @ Lethbridge Boys & Girls Club
“FUNdrive Wrap Up Party at The Slice”
FRIDAY, MARCH 24
- 8:30pm – 1:00am @ The Slice Bar & Grill
- $10 tix in advance, available at Blueprint or $15 at the door
- Silent auction, polaroid photos, and live CKXU DJs
- 18 + only
What's new with this year's FUNdrive?
- Donate $25 for an entry to win an amazing grand prize from CKXU Friend businesses (valued at $250)!
- Support scholarships for University of Lethbridge students created with every dollar CKXU raises over the $30,000 goal!
- Listen daily for exciting programming featuring reappearances by CKXU DJ alumni and locally produced specialty programming!
- Tune in 5pm - 6pm daily, for live on-air performances featuring local musical talent!
- Enjoy "More than I.P.Adio" a FUNdrive 2017 themed beer by Theoretically Brewing will be available at The Slice Bar & Grill, The Owl Acoustic Lounge, and Theoretically Brewing during the week of FUNdrive.
About CKXU 88.3FM
CKXU-FM is a not-for-profit campus community radio station, broadcasting at 88.3 FM and worldwide at www.ckxu.com, from the University of Lethbridge in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
CKXU-FM's purpose is to offer programming that:
- is different in style and substance from the programming offered by other types of radio stations
- is reflective of the diverse elements of the community we serve
- provides inexpensive community access to the airwaves
- participates in and promotes the communities we serve
How can I support community radio?
- Go to FUNdrive.CKXU.com to make an online donation!
- CALL to pledge your support - pledge lines 403-329-5189 will be open from Friday, March 17 to Friday March 24 at 6pm
- Listen to CKXU 88.3FM (or CKXU.com) to hear from volunteers about why community radio is important!